The Event Manager plays an integral role on the Event Team at Wisdom Gaming. This position is responsible for planning and managing a wide variety of esports and gaming events hosted in our venue located at the Mall of America, as well as offsite locations across the Minneapolis area.
- Creating production timelines and collaborating with different teams, including outsourced contractors/teams, to communicate deadlines and ensure those deadlines are met.
- Coordinating teams of staff and internal resources throughout the production process.
- Communicating with and hiring talent and contractors, including setting up contracts.
- Organizing and leading weekly internal project syncs as well as client-facing syncs.
- Managing relationships with clients and fulfilling client needs.
- Managing individual event budgets.
- Serve as the primary contact at all Wisdom events (or delegate to someone on the Event team) to be the primary person to which all problems are funneled to solve or to delegate a solution.
- Collaborates with internal teams to support in tracking sponsor fulfillments to ensure all department needs are met.
- Conducts brainstorms to generate new ideas for live events.
- Maintains oversight of all incoming and outgoing project documentation.
- Executes and manages a wide variety of event types such as esports live events, influencer/VIP events, white label events, partner/sponsor events, etc.
- Oversees event hospitality experiences such as hotels, transportation, etc.
- Ensures that event inquiries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Ensures safety protocols, including up-to-date COVID compliances are enforced and followed for all live events.
- Communicates regularly with vendors and venues.
- May require some travel depending on event needs.
- Conducts project review and supports developing detailed reports for executive staff.
- Collaborates with other Event Department key stakeholders to build and manage a team of event coordinators made up of both internal and external resources.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills to interact with management and team members and conduct meetings
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, with a focus on fine details
- Ability to think critically, and of the big picture
- Project and process management (experience with project management software is a plus!)
- Budget development and tracking
- Works well under pressure, specifically crisis management during a broadcast
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Proficient with spreadsheet software
- Familiarity with the gaming industry and the esports scene
- Familiarity with Twitch and YouTube
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years experience in live event coordination/management is required.
Taking Care of Our People
Salary and Benefits
We are proud to offer competitive salary and benefits packages. Wisdom’s benefits include:
- Competitive base pay
- Health and Dental insurance cover for you and your family
- Generous number of vacation days
- Work-life balance
- 401k participation and employer matching options
- Hybrid options available
- Background check required for employment.
- COVID vaccination is required for those working hybrid or working onsite at our headquarters office.
Wisdom is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. As part of our commitment, Wisdom will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations.